Personal support services
Please note that these support services are not directly provided by Harvest but are services that students can pursue if needed.
- LightFM Careline
- The Careline is a non-for-profit community service which offers informed, personal and caring support including prayer and a listening ear for the cost of a local phone call.
- They are available every day of the week between 9am-11pm AEST on 9583 CARE (9583 2273).
- 13 11 14 is a confidential telephone crisis support service available 24/7 from a landline, payphone or mobile.
- Salvos Care Line
- 1300 36 36 22
- Salvos Care Line is a 24/7 professional and confidential telephone counseling hotline.
- Salvos Counseling
- Salvos Counseling is an in-person counseling service available through various centres in NSW, ACT and QLD. All counselors are Christians and are highly qualified. Salvos Counseling provide assistance in the following areas: Anxiety, Relationships, Anger, Depression, Grief, Stress.
- Relationships Australia
- Relationships Australia (RA) provide relationship support services for individuals, families and communities – with an aim of supporting all people in Australia to achieve positive and respectful relationships.
- Headspace is Australia’s National Youth Mental Health Foundation. They offer a range of free or comparatively low-cost support services for those between 12-25 years old.
- Beyondblue works to reduce the impact of depression and anxiety in the community by raising awareness and understanding, empowering people to seek help, and supporting recovery, management and resilience.
- Black Dog Institute
- Black Dog Institute (BDI) is a research institute that specializes in depression and bipolar disorder. In addition to providing a wide range of easily accessible information to the general public on these topics, they offer guidance and relevant details for those seeking assistance in regards to their own mental wellbeing.
Academic and English Support Services
- A commercial service that provides academic tutorial support 24 hours 7 days a week in English. This support will be at a cost to the student, is optional but is highly regarded and encouraged by Harvest – http://www.yourtutor.com.au/
- Academic Writing Coach
- The coaches will provide two free hours to a student per unit of study in any given teaching period. Further support will be at the student’s own cost. A tutor assigned by Harvest at an additional cost to students who are deemed by their facilitator to require additional support. They will assist students to work towards gaining stronger academic writing abilities by students.